OPEN WATER COURSE FORMATS
PADI Open Water Course
Ocean Quest Dive Centre is proud to offer our unique PADI Open Water | Learn to Scuba Dive program!
The PADI Open Water Diver program is the most popular course offered at Ocean Quest and the most comprehensive learn to scuba dive program in Greater Vancouver. This course is your ticket to the exciting adventure of the underwater world. The course covers simple academic principles, and emphasizes actual diving experiences starting off in the pool, and then progressing to the ocean.
Ocean Quest most popular Learn to Dive - PADI Open Water Course is our 2 Weekend format. We also offer Private Open Water Courses, Youth Scuba Certification Camps and Open Water Referrals.
Ocean Quest proud of our unique PADI Open Water - Learn to Dive program! We have customized our very own learn to dive program that works in conjunction the PADI Open Water program to offer our students the absolute best training available!
Not all PADI Courses are the same – at Ocean Quest you will receive the following training advantages:
- Learn in a Drysuit - Ocean Quest is the only dive centre in Greater Vancouver that exclusively trains their students in drysuits. This will keep you warm and dry during your ocean dives. We have quality Aqualung Fusion Drysujts in our rentals which will offer a perfect fit. Our drysuits also have changeable neck and wrist seals so we can customize the fit just for you.
- Drysuit Undergarments are Included - Ocean Quest is the only dive centre in Greater Vancouver to provide students with proper thermal undergarments to wear under your drysuit. This will ensure you stay warm and comfortable.
- Low Student to Instructor Ratios - If you are signing up for one of our group scuba courses, we will maintain a ratio of 3 or 4 students per instructor both in the pool and ocean. This will allow our instructors to offer additional attention to each student so we can teach you more details on how to be a better diver. Most dive centres have groups as large a 8 students per instructor.
- Customized Information and Training – Over the years we have found that the better your training, the more you will enjoy diving. To accomplish this, Ocean Quest has put together a unique learn to dive program that will go above and beyond the basic PADI Open Water Diver course. In our program, you will learn:
- How to have better control of your buoyancy
- How to be properly positioned in the water (trim)
- How to move more effectively through the water using a variety of propulsion techniques
- How to dive more efficiently with your buddy
- And much more….
Ocean Quest’s all inclusive PADI Open Water program includes:
- Use of all scuba equipment including drysuit, undergarments and mask, snorkel and fins
- eLearning Pass with PADI
- PADI eLearning Crew Pack
- Special student discounts on equipment. Due to the importance of fit and comfort, it is strongly recommend that students supply their own personal equipment (mask, snorkel and fins)
- Special student discount on equipment purchases
- Free one day rental coupon upon completion of your certification (Ocean Quest rentals include all equipment but mask, snorkel and fins - rentals available)