OPEN WATER COURSE FORMATS
PADI Open Water Course
Ocean Quest Dive Centre is proud to offer our unique PADI Open Water | Learn to Scuba Dive program!
The PADI Open Water Diver program is the most popular course offered at Ocean Quest and the most comprehensive learn to scuba dive program in Greater Vancouver. This course is your ticket to the exciting adventure of the underwater world. The course covers simple academic principles, and emphasizes actual diving experiences starting off in the pool, and then progressing to the ocean.
Ocean Quest most popular Learn to Dive - PADI Open Water Course is our 2 Weekend format. We also offer Private Open Water Courses, Youth Scuba Certification Camps and Open Water Referrals.
Ocean Quest is proud of our unique PADI Open Water - Learn to Dive program! We have customized our very own learn to dive program that works in conjunction with the PADI Open Water program to offer our students the absolute best training available!
Not all PADI Courses are the same – at Ocean Quest you will receive the following training advantages:
- Learn in a Drysuit - Ocean Quest is the only dive centre in Greater Vancouver that exclusively trains their students in drysuits. This will keep you warm and dry during your ocean dives. We have quality Aqualung Fusion Drysuits in our rentals which will offer a perfect fit. Our drysuits also have changeable neck and wrist seals so we can customize the fit just for you.
- Drysuit Undergarments are Included - Ocean Quest is the only dive centre in Greater Vancouver to provide students with proper thermal undergarments to wear under your drysuit. This will ensure you stay warm and comfortable.
- Low Student to Instructor Ratios - If you are signing up for one of our group scuba courses, we will maintain a ratio of 3 or 4 students per instructor both in the pool and ocean. This will allow our instructors to offer additional attention to each student so we can teach you more details on how to be a better diver. Most dive centres have groups as large a 8 students per instructor.
- Customized Information and Training – Over the years we have found that the better your training, the more you will enjoy diving. To accomplish this, Ocean Quest has put together a unique learn to dive program that will go above and beyond the basic PADI Open Water Diver course. In our program, you will learn:
- How to have better control of your buoyancy
- How to be properly positioned in the water (trim)
- How to move more effectively through the water using a variety of propulsion techniques
- How to dive more efficiently with your buddy
- And much more….
Ocean Quest’s PADI Open Water program includes:
- Use of all scuba equipment including drysuit, undergarments and fins
- eLearning Pass with PADI
- PADI eLearning Crew Pack
- Special student discount on equipment purchases
Note - Due to the importance of fit, comfort and hygiene, the PADI Open Water Course does not include a Mask and Snorkel. Students are expected to provide their own personal mask and snorkel for the program. Ocean Quest has special discounts for students with basic packages starting at $95.
Benefits of owning your own mask and snorkel:
- Fit and comfort - owning your own mask will ensure that the mask will fit you properly and not leak. Ask any diver, there is nothing more frustrating than a leaky mask!
- Can be used for snorkeling and diving - of course you can use you mask for all of your diving adventures but your diving mask and snorkel are perfect for your tropical holidays as well! Most tropical destinations offer easy shore access to snorkeling allowing for hours of good times - free of cost!
- Hygiene - by having your own mask and snorkel, you can be comforted with the knowledge that it is your mask and hundreds of other people have not used the same mask and snorkel you are using.
- The Ocean Quest Commitment - At Ocean Quest, we personally select all the equipment we sell to ensure it meets our high expectations and standards. As a student of Ocean Quest, you will be offered a special student discount on Masks and Snorkels. In addition, we will support you with our guaranteed fit policy. If the mask you choose doesn't fit, you can bring it back and exchange it for any other mask we sell, no questions asked!
PADI Open Water Diver – Learn to Dive – FullApril 12 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
PADI Open Water Diver – Learn to DiveMay 3 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
PADI Open Water Diver – Learn to DiveJune 7 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
PADI Open Water Diver – Youth Certification CampJuly 24 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Note To Students
All students must complete a Scuba Medical Statement prior to any in water activities. Please consult Ocean Quest if you answer “yes” to any of the medical questions.