OPEN WATER COURSE FORMATS
PADI Open Water Course
Starting at $599.00 + Tax
Ocean Quest Dive Centre is proud to offer our unique PADI Open Water | Learn to Scuba Dive program!
The PADI Open Water Diver program is the most popular course offered at Ocean Quest and the most comprehensive learn to scuba dive program in Greater Vancouver. This course is your ticket to the exciting adventure of the underwater world. The course covers simple academic principles, and emphasizes actual diving experiences starting off in the pool, and then progressing to the ocean.
We have customized our very own learn to dive program that works in conjunction the PADI Open Water program to offer our students the absolute best training available!
Only Two Weekends Long!
To make learning to dive easier, and to avoid the late nights of a traditional format, we have created a progressive, friendly format to accommodate your scheduling needs. The weekend format offers high quality instruction over a condensed, two weekend schedule. The first weekend consists of a quick orientation session on Wednesday evening, with the first weekend typically consisting of a Friday night pool dive followed by two full days of pool dives and academic review sessions. On the second weekend, you will complete your 4 ocean dives and earn the PADI Open Water Diver Scuba Certification!
Once you register for your PADI Open Water Course, we will send you your eLearning link so you can get started on your PADI Open Water program right away!
You can register for your course through our website or drop by the shop or call with credit card to register @ 604.436.1157. Spaces are reserved on a first come first served basis after receipt of payment.
*Upgrade to earn your Drysuit Specialty certification for $99.95 (over 50% off regular pricing!) Includes one additional dive during your course.
Note To Students
Other Course Formats
Finish In The Tropics
The PADI Open Water Referral Program allows you to complete your class and pool dives here, and finish your Open Water Dives on your holiday!
Arm yourself with the latest educational technologies and dive on your time. The personal scuba format lets you customize the program to fit your schedule.
Ocean Quest specializes in private groups. We have organized programs for many groups including corporations, small businesses, schools, cadets and friends just simply getting together. Minimum 4 participants.
Summer Youth Camp
Looking for a way to keep your kids busy this Summer? Sign them up for a 5 day Youth Summer Certification Camp! Successful completion will earn participants the most recognized scuba certification in the world – PADI Open Water Diver.
The Ocean Quest Advantage
1. Learn to Dive in a Drysuit - Ocean Quest is the only dive centre in Greater Vancouver that exclusively trains their students in drysuits. This will keep you warm and dry during your ocean dives. We have quality Aqualung Fusion Drysuit in our rentals which will offer a perfect fit. Our drysuits also have changeable neck and wrist seals so we can customize the fit just for you.
2. Drysuit Undergarments are Included - Ocean Quest is the only dive centre in Greater Vancouver to provide students with proper thermal undergarments to wear under your drysuit. This will ensure you stay warm and comfortable.
3. Lowest student to instructor ratios - If you are signing up for one of our group scuba courses, we will maintain a ratio of 3 or 4 students per instructor both in the pool and ocean. This will allow our instructors to offer additional attention to each student so we can teach you more details on how to be a better diver. Most dive centres have groups as large a 8 students per instructor.
4. Customized information and training – Over the years we have found that the better your training, the more you will enjoy diving. To accomplish this, Ocean Quest has put together a unique learn to dive program that will go above and beyond the basic PADI Open Water Diver course. In our program, you will learn:
- How to have better control of your buoyancy
- How to be properly positioned in the water (trim)
- How to move more effectively through the water using a variety of propulsion techniques
- How to dive more efficiently with your buddy
- And much more….
Inclusive PADI Open Water Program Includes
- Use of all scuba equipment including drysuit, undergarments and mask, snorkel and fins.
- eLearning Pass with PADI.
- PADI eLearning Crew Pack.
- Special student discounts on equipment. Due to the importance of fit and comfort, it is strongly recommend that students supply their own personal equipment (mask, snorkel and fins).
- Special student discount on equipment purchases.
- Free one day rental coupon upon completion of your certification (Ocean Quest rentals include all equipment but mask, snorkel and fins - rentals available)
British Columbia offers some of the most spectacular diving in the world. After you finish your course, we offer free Saturday Morning Dives and other local scuba trips and charters to get you out diving!
Lean more about Why Learn to Scuba Dive at Ocean Quest!