OPEN WATER COURSE FORMATS
Want to organize PADI Open Water program for your group? Ocean Quest specializes in private groups. We have organized programs for many groups including corporations, small businesses, schools, cadets and friends just simply getting together.
Diving is a great team building activity and will promote motivation, personal development and is great way to relieve stress. It goes without saying that diving is also FUN!
Give us a call and we will assist you in organizing your program today!
Tuition: $599.00 + Tax - Minimum 4 Participants
Upgrade to earn your Drysuit Specialty certification for $99.95! Includes one additional dive during your course. Regular price for the Drysuit Specialty is $295.00.
Ocean Quest proud of our unique PADI Open Water - Learn to Dive program! We have customized our very own learn to dive program that works in conjunction with the PADI Open Water program to offer our students the absolute best training available!
Not all PADI Courses are the same – at Ocean Quest you will receive the following training advantages:
- Learn in a Drysuit - Ocean Quest is the only dive centre in Greater Vancouver that exclusively trains their students in drysuits. This will keep you warm and dry during your ocean dives. We have quality Aqualung Fusion Drysuits in our rentals which will offer a perfect fit. Our drysuits also have changeable neck and wrist seals so we can customize the fit just for you.
- Drysuit Undergarments are Included - Ocean Quest is the only dive centre in Greater Vancouver to provide students with proper thermal undergarments to wear under your drysuit. This will ensure you stay warm and comfortable.
- Low Student to Instructor Ratios - If you are signing up for one of our group scuba courses, we will maintain a ratio of 3 or 4 students per instructor both in the pool and ocean. This will allow our instructors to offer additional attention to each student so we can teach you more details on how to be a better diver. Most dive centres have groups as large a 8 students per instructor.
- Customized Information and Training – Over the years we have found that the better your training, the more you will enjoy diving. To accomplish this, Ocean Quest has put together a unique learn to dive program that will go above and beyond the basic PADI Open Water Diver course. In our program, you will learn:
- How to have better control of your buoyancy
- How to be properly positioned in the water (trim)
- How to move more effectively through the water using a variety of propulsion techniques
- How to dive more efficiently with your buddy
- And much more….
Ocean Quest’s all inclusive PADI Open Water program includes:
- Use of all scuba equipment including drysuit, undergarments and mask, snorkel and fins
- eLearning Pass with PADI
- PADI eLearning Crew Pack
- Special student discounts on equipment. Due to the importance of fit and comfort, it is strongly recommended that students supply their own personal equipment (mask, snorkel and fins)
- Special student discount on equipment purchases
- Free one day rental coupon upon completion of your certification (Ocean Quest rentals include all equipment but mask, snorkel and fins - rentals available)
Please contact Ocean Quest staff for prerequisites and requirements. All students must complete a Scuba Medical Statement prior to any in water activities. Please consult Ocean Quest if you answer “yes” to any of the medical questions.
Once you register for your PADI Open Water Course, we will send you your eLearning link so you can get started on your PADI Open Water program right away!
You can register for your course through our website or drop by the shop or call with credit card to register @ 604.436.1157. Spaces are reserved on a first come first served basis after receipt of payment.