PADI Instructor Development Course – w Distance Learning
Start Date: November 8 @ 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm
November 8 @ 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm
New PADI Instructor Development Program Curriculum! – Ocean Quest was the first PADI Instructor Development Centre in Canada to offer the brand new PADI IDC Curriculum. The new and updated program offers many advantages over the previous program such as:
- New IDC eLearning, which is included in all IDC Crew-Paks, shifts more foundational content to independent learning.
- Displays on computers, tablets and phones, and allows online and offline study.
- Allows face-to-face time to be spent on practical application and workshops.
- Staff-led workshops emphasize realistic scenarios that encourage candidates to Think Like an Instructor.
- Options to first practice confined and open water teaching presentations in dry simulation mode better prepare candidates for inwater presentations.
- Candidates practice teaching with and without an assistant.
- Increased emphasis on rescue skills.
- Integrated approach to dive theory review within the IDC through a workshop and an updated digital Diving Knowledge Workbook.
- Hands-on training using PADI digital materials and resources.
- Updated evaluation criteria.
- Available in multiple languages.
Ocean Quest has been the most active instructor training facility in Canada for 25 years. As the only PADI Career Development Centre’s in Canada we have an array of programs and schedules to meet your needs. At Ocean Quest, we will build upon the foundation by imparting our teaching experience assisting you in becoming a successful well rounded instructor. We have issued well over 2100 instructor level certifications and over 10,000 certifications in all levels and have assisted 100’s of PADI instructors in finding employment across the Globe in places such as: Bahamas, Mexico, Turks and Caicos, Cayman Islands, Dominican Republic, Costa Rica, Thailand, Malasysa, Australia, New Zealand, Egypt, British Columbia, and across Canada. During your professional training, we will share our over 25 years of teaching experience giving you insight on how to make your PADI programs exceed minimum standards making them valuable for your students while developing your reputation as a quality PADI Instructor.
Theory via Zoom
- Monday, November 8 - 4:00 pm @ Ocean Quest via Zoom
- Friday, November 12 - 1:00 pm @ Ocean Quest via Zoom
- Monday, November 15 - 4:00 pm @ Ocean Quest via Zoom
- Friday, November 19 - 1:00 pm @ Ocean Quest via Zoom
Practical Training @ Ocean Quest Dive Centre, Burnaby, BC
- Thursday, November 25 - 8:00 am @ Ocean Quest
- Friday, November 26 - 8:00 am
- Saturday, November 27 - 8:00 am
- Sunday, November 28 - 8:00 am
- Monday, November 29 - Emergency First Response Instructor Date July 5th
Full-Time - MSDT / Specialty Instructor Training - November 30, December 1 and 2 - Includes Enriched Air Instructor, Deep Instructor, Night Instructor, Drysuit Instructor and Search and Recovery Instructor
PADI Instructor Examination - December 4 and 5