PADI Tec 40 Diver
WRECK & TECH COURSES
PADI Tec 40 Diver
The PADI Tec 40 course is where you transition from recreational scuba diving to technical diving. It's a great place to start because it's the first subdivision of the full PADI Tec Diver course and bridges the gap between no stop diving and full technical deep decompression diving. You gain experience and begin building the knowledge and skills you need to continue your tec diver training. You will qualify to make limited decompression dives to 40 metres/130 feet.
The PADI Tec 40 course introduces divers to limited decompression diving within the 130 ft / 40 m range. The program will introduce basic technical diving concepts and skills and lay the foundation for further technical diving training. Successful students will be qualified to complete a maximum of 10 minutes of non accelerated decompression with the use of one decompression cylinder filled to a maximum of 50% O2.
The Ocean Quest Difference
With over 25 years of technical diving experience, Ocean Quest is the most active technical diving facility in Vancouver. Like all of our courses, we will add many extras to your technical diver training beyond that of what is outlined in many technical programs.
Outside of the typical tech skills, we will continually focus on the foundational skills - buoyancy, trim, propulsion and awareness and how they apply to the technical diving environment. We are extremely detailed oriented and will work with you until you have a solid execution of all the necessary skills of a tech diver. We will test and build upon your ability to problem solve as an individual and as a team member through scenario based failures and drills.
We are experts in decompression theory. All of our technical diving programs include extensive and up to date decompression theory so you have the knowledge and understanding on how to plan and execute decompression dives. We will guide you on how to apply decompression theory to your dive plans so you have full understanding of best practices and strategies for your technical dive planning. We don't teach you to just blindly follow your computer or decompression software.
We exclusively teach specific team diving principles and "Human Factors" to improve the successful outcomes of your technical dives.
We guarantee that our technical diving programs are unmatched in the industry.
- Certified as a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or provide a qualifying certification from another training organization. For this course, a qualifying certification is proof of training beyond entry level with experience in deep diving and underwater navigation.
- Certified as a PADI Enriched Air Diver or qualifying certification from another training organization. For this course, a qualifying certification is proof of training in enriched air nitrox diving with training that includes gas analysis, cylinder labeling, oxygen toxicity, oxygen exposure, determining maximum depth limits, and planning enriched air dives with different enriched air blends (not just EANx32 and EANx36).
- Certified as a PADI Deep Diver or show proof of at least 10 dives to 30 metres/100 feet.
- Minimum age: 18 years.
- Have a minimum of 30 logged dives, of which at least 10 dives were made with enriched air nitrox deeper than 18 metres/60 feet.
- Medical Statement signed by a physician within the past 12 months.
Contact Ocean Quest Staff for specific equipment recommendations.
Tuition - $695.00 (students are responsible for materials and mixed gas fills)